Sunday, May 25, 2008

YCK Reunion

We had our reunion event at YCK Gardens MINDS School yesterday as the school is moving to its new premises at Sengkang next week.. So it's kinda like the last chance to see the school as it is right now before it's torn down or redeveloped...

Haven't really come down to YCK lately so thought I'll lend a hand to set up this event by invitation from xian²~ I was tasked with setting up of the games for the event but ended up becoming co-event manager together with Roland and Shaoqiang. Had to stand in as DJ as well for Weihao / Yiliang at times as well. Quite tiring but fun actually!

So we had a carnival (complete with 8 stalls for the trainees to have some fun), an angklong performance by the students from xian²'s school, a video presentation made by Yiliang, a sumptous feast and a group photo taking session!

It was also a good time to catch up with the senior volunteers who took time off to grace the event as well.

At the end of it all, I was too winded up that I left while they were clearing up the resource room and couldn't join them for dinner. Sorry guys!

Album's up and you can click on the thumbnail below for the link~
Image hosted by Webshots.com
by janzer81

Also, my thanks go out to the people listed below in no particular order of merit:

xian²:
For planning out the entire event and buying all the goody bags for the trainees~

Roland:
For working together to keep the event going and possibly missing out on the event itself at times

Shaoqiang:
For helping me for the tougher manual stuff for the events as I was not feeling too well that day.

My gamemasters:
For volunteering as gamemasters on a last minute notice for some. You guys did a great job! :D

Lil' Sis Ash:
For helping with setting up some of the stalls and bringing me food when I was too busy to tuck in. Also for letting me fool around with your dad's DSLR. Hah~

Samuel and Jiurong (PD and VPD):
Kudos to you too for helping to run the show with gusto (that's you, Samuel) and cool effiency (that's you, JR)

Volunteers:
For taking time off your bz schedules to come down for the event. It was a surprise for me to see that many volunteers in one session

Parents:
Your continual support for YCK MINDS has been a great inspiration for us! I was pretty touched and honoured that most of the parents still remember me and chatted with me for a while. :)

Trainees:
The very reason why this event was held and why we keep on volunteering.

Sad to say, the event was also considered as my last effort for YCK MINDS before the curtains fall for me. Might pop by for the occasional camp or session every now and then. Going to miss you guys....

Bless YCK,

No comments: