Sunday, October 29, 2006

Jobcentral Career Fair

Went down to Suntec City Convention Centre for Jobcentral Career Fair today. Saw the ad on the train when I was on my way to Kranji MRT to meet up with the Langkawi ppl on the day of our trip. So I thought to myself, why not go and take a look over there?

I reached there at about 2 plus and started making my way round the stalls. Dress code supposed to be business casual but think I'm the one of the few idiots who wore long sleeved shirt, pants and leather shoes.. -_-

ZJ told me to look out for his pri sch friend who'll be there for SIM promoting courses and I managed to find her without much difficulty. Think she kinda forgotten about me cos we only met up once at SIM canteen to have dinner together with TF and ZJ of course. Had a nice chat with her and moved on to see what other companies can offer bah.

So far, the list of companies I've applied / going to apply are as follows:

  1. Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore
  2. Duty Free Shop
  3. Panasonic
  4. Hitachi
  5. Singapore Police Force
  6. ST Microelectronics
  7. DBS
  8. Standard Chartered Bank

So far, only Singapore Tourism Board has rejected me straight because my honours class is not Second Upper and above. Bah! Second upper v big meh? :P

Oh well, hoping for good news to come soon then...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

u were there oso ydae ar? How come didnt see u. I went down there and hav a look oso lor...

-HotterPod

Anonymous said...

oh no...2nd upper so important ar?.. :-(
i shld work harder then... :)