Saturday, October 07, 2006

World Trade Center

Met up with JW, TF and Wins for dinner at Sunshine Plaza on Friday. It's been a while since I saw Wins, and glad to see he's doing well so far. Haha! (Wins, no leaving of crappy / corny tags after this yah?) I gotta admit, JW's laksa looked really marvelicious... Then we went to Hobby Art Gallery to check out any Gundams and as usual, I'm eyeing the MG Gundam Wing Custom Zero now at a discounted price at $54.95! *drools* but I dun think I'm going to use my first (and maybe last) salary from IRAS... :(

After which we caught World Trade Center on screen at the Cathay. Usually walk past it when I'm walking back from my fav. pool joint to Dhoby Ghaut MRT but never ever really stepped into it before...

Anyway, it looks pretty nice inside and they have one of my weaknesses opened in the Cathay. Behold, the adidas boutique! I'm a huge adidas fan, and they happened to have Liverpool jerseys on display! *beams*

We managed to get tickets at the Grand Cathay theater which is this huge posh theater with very comfortable seats! Only managed to figure out that Theater 1 = The Grand Cathay after some time. Lol! So blur...

The movie wasn't really up to my expectations. Characters lacked depth and couldn't relate to them at all in the movie... Kudos to Nicholas Cage however for portraying a rather resourceful and courageous police officer sergeant. For ppl out there who wanna catch this on screen, don't bother, just wait for the VCD instead. Ha!

No comments: