Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Bad things come in pairs..

I was working at my desk at 11:50am yesterday when I thought someone pushed my chair from behind and that my headache was getting worse when I saw my monitor shake a little too much.

A commotion went around the office with people complaining of the same stuff. Then someone shouted "Earthquake!" I was thinking how is it possible that Singapore can experience a earthquake right at the doorstep? Could it be that the tectonic plates have shifted so much already? Next thing I knew was my director was passing down instructions for people to evacuate the office. Weird thing is people were still taking their own sweet time to leave... Wondering if people will still do the same if the actual thing were to happen...

So early lunch for us as we stepped out of the office with the security guard asking everyone "Building shaking ah?" Thinking about it, this is the first time I've experienced a tremor of the like cos usually Yishunians like me dun really feel anything way up north (but my parents felt it back at home yesterday too...)

Read from the papers that ppl evacuated again during the second time but our office still remained in our seats... Haha... Also read that 80 ppl died in the quake with more ppl trapped under the flattened houses.. That's terrible.. *offers a silent prayer of the vics*

Oh well.. Went to the company doc to get some medicine for relief of my sore throat and was told that there were 2 ulcers on my tonsils! Ouch~ that explains the constant pain when I eat, drink, breathe...

Oh well... to avoid spicy and sour food though... Anyway, I went to collect my JLPT3 cert from JCS with Wins, Kaye, Yafang and her frens... then had dinner at Parklane Wanton Noodles at Sunshine Plaza with a few of them. Wins had to rush home to catch his 9pm show.. *rolls eyes*

Hopefully I can take a nice photo of the cert and upload the pic soon. Now on MC for 2 days. kena condemned as MC king already lah.. Sianz...

No comments: