Monday, March 26, 2007

Is being nice enough?

Saw deb online yesternite. It's been a while since she went to London to do her Masters and I was in for a surprise when she said she was in Singapore! A little short trip to surprise her mom for bdae celeb. How sweet can that be?

Anyway, she saw my MSN photo of Jung Ryu Won (pic below) and asked if whether I have a gf. I replied "What do you think?" and she said ""yes!!!!"



I told her no and then we went into a lengthy discussion of self-confidence and stuff liddat. And then at one point of time, she suddenly said "But Jaron, you're a nice guy and nice guys are hard to come by nowadays." I was slightly taken aback cos I seldom receive such compliments, let alone from a hot babe like deb. Din know whether it was said to cheer me up or it was really for real (oxymoron there). But I was touched. Thanks deb~ That really made my day.

I chose to reply that being nice doesn't really attract girls in Singapore. To that she said, "you'll be surprised, in relationships, it matters!" Lotsa girls might want to rip my throat after this but I kinda feel that gals in SG are typically looking for the whole package. Good looks / physique is one thing, having a good career is another, having a car is definitely a bonus. Being nice is the icing on the cake. I have seen my gal-frens falling for bad boys, only to have the bad boys cheating and bullying and abusing them and the girls just can't get enough of them. *rolls eyes*

But average guys like me out there who are reading this, have no fear. I have guy frens too who are average like you and me, who have found partners who treasure them for what they are, who know that character lasts in a relationship and almost / are happily married.

That gives a glimmer of hope in my boring, mundane and sometimes sad life. But that's how I remain optimistic all the while. You'll usually see mi smiling even though I'm down cos there's always something to look forward to every now and thenn. =)

Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I kinda feel that gals in SG are typically looking for the whole package..." <------ aren't spore guys also? my spore guys frens seem having pretty gf all the time....haha~ :p