Sunday, July 01, 2007

The thing about taxis...

The day went pretty well as planned~ Met Irene for shopping and dinner at Bugis Junction and she bought quite a bit of stuff! But there was the GSS around and I think she scored quite a few discounts~ I din get anything though cos the stuff I was looking for wasn't on sale...

Had dinner at V8 Movie Cafe and ended up watching part of Seoul Raiders while eating! Haha~ More shopping and we parted cos she was meeting her sister for (more) shopping and I to my buddies at Pitstop~

The games we played were not too bad. Here are my reviews~

Jurassic Jumble: A cross between PIT, Heart attack and Dog and Bone (literally) Provided loads of fun for everybody~

Gift Trap: A supposedly simple game with too many rules to remember. Didn't even finish the game. Changed to a new one in 5 minutes flat.

Imaginiff: Quite a fun game I played before. Lets you get to know more about the ppl you're playing with, plus loads of laughter. Always a good ice breaker and easy rules to pick up.

SWAP!: A card game something like Uno with 1-2 extra special cards with the oh-so-gd-touse SLAP! where everybody pools their hands together at the centre of the table a.k.a Heart Attack and the person who played the card chooses his weapon (inflatable mace, toy hammer, hand, fist, karate chop...) to strike down on others. Definitely evil~ but fun!

Took lotsa of photos and will try to upload them soon... Hee

Left at abt 1030 and proceeded to Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf down the street for coffee and chillin out~ and chatted and chatted till about 1.

Here comes the frustrating part. Tried to get a cab home and empty taxis refusing to stop, making a beeline for the nightspots or waiting for booking calls instead, leaving poor us stranded somewhere along North Bridge Road.. One Maxicab stopped and we were delighted initially cos the 6 of us could fit in and we all stayed ard the same area.. but he wanted to get us to quote a price instead of using the meter. It's common sense for him cos he'll be ferrying 6 ppl and if he went by the meter, he could earn a bit more from each person instead. We deliberated and he drove off saying he'll find a better deal somewhere..

His licence plate number is etched in my mind already and I'm considering whether to report him or not, cos ALL taxis in Singapore should run by the meter no matter maxicab or not. You already pay extra for using a maxi cab and you still want to extort us???

We were running out of ideas when I tot of calling my sis for phone numbers of other not-so-popular cab companies. Thanks to my sis who gave me quite few numbers from Smartcab, Transcab and Silvercab. We managed to get 2 cabs from Smartcab at abt 2 in the morning!

Ride home: 25 mins
Waiting time for the cab in all: 1 hour+

Well, this is just Singapore for you.....

Fortunately the rest of the day was great! Thanks to all yeah? =)

Here's a pic of my current family in GE in my favourite V of Victory pose~

No comments: