Monday, September 04, 2006

Botanic Gardens Visit!

Finally my second post! Was bz uploading the pics to my yahoogroups for my cca ppl to take a look.. Anyway, went with my fellow YCK-ians and trainees to the Botanic Gardens on Saturday! Haven't really been there for a long time already..

For people who have ABSOLUTELY no idea what YCK is, it's called Yio Chu Kang Gardens MINDS (Movement for the Intellectually Disabled of Singapore) School, where I volunteer to teach intellectually-disabled children skills and for them to have fun as well! We take them for an outing once a month and this month is to the gardens!

The weather was great except that it threatened to rain at some point of time. Lotsa food provided by the aunties who enjoyed the nice rest while the children enjoyed themselves with activities planned by us.


We were kinda near the Swan lake so I decided to hop on down to take a look and snap some shots as well too. In fact I took too many shots! :P People were throwing lotsa bread and lettuce for the swans to eat but the hungry fish and turtles took most of the chow instead.. The swans weren't really hungry anyway... But I managed to get up close to one of them without being bitten. Haha!

Of course the kids had lotsa fun too! With food and games and music, which kid wouldn't enjoy? :)

But too bad we had to leave at about 4.30pm that day.. The kids are such darlings to me. I miss them already... Their smiles always bring warmth to my heart everytime... Can't wait to see them next Sat!

No comments: