Tuesday, September 12, 2006

お久しぶり!(Long time no see!)

2nd day for work for me. Still on course but we got down to more hands on stuff, using the online network and stuff. Quite fun actually, din really feel tired thanks to my instructor making it bearable for us! :)

After that I went to watch AFC U-17 Quarter-finals match between Japan and Iran. Reached there about 6 plus so ended up watching from second half onwards. Japan had led 1-0 into the game after a goal somewhere after 10 mins according to my Japanese friend. However, Iran came back strong in the second half to equalise, sending the Iranian fans into a frenzy! Did I mention that one Iranian medical guy was sent off because he stepped onto the field to celebrate Iran's equaliser? And the funny thing is that guy kept coming back up onto the field to attend to the goalkeeper when the latter's down, much to the jeers and boos from the Japanese fans!



The score remained at extra time and proceeded into penalty kicks! Japan started first and Iran followed next. Quite a nail biting one because whenever Japan scored, Iran did too, and when Japan failed to convert, Iran would do so likewise in the same frame as well! Continued to the 11th penalty when Japan finally scored and Iran missed the spot kick!

*Frenzy outbreak among the Japanese fans ensues*



After that we (my japanese friend, 2 other gals and me) had dinner at Lavender Food Square and we ordered way too much food... check out the photos coming soon to see what I mean. Haha... Recommended my Japanese friend to try turtle soup and frog legs' porridge but he din dare to try them I think.. Think about it, I also dun dare to try turtle soup sia...

Met up with another Japanese friend and 2 other SG friends at Liquid Kitchen and started a 飲み会 (drinking party). I only ordered a Shirley Temple and had to leave early cos of work tml...


Penning off now! Will try to keep updating this blog now and then!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah.. U din say where u meet ur japanese fren, to watch the soccer match. Nice blog btw.