Thursday, September 07, 2006

A cuppa of coffee and an anticipation of days to come

Today was a good day! Met Kojima-sensei for coffee today at Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf! She taught me when I was learning Japanese 3 in NUS then. Her lessons were never boring and we all usually couldn't wait to attend her lessons every Monday then. It's been a while since I met up with her, partly because she couldn't make it for the dinner gathering I organised for Japanese 4 senseis and students. But man, was i glad to meet up with her today!

We chatted for like 1 hr 45 mins about lotsa stuff spanning from jobs to relationships (she gives quite good advice!) to about Japanese and Singaporeans alike. Also reminiscenced about the Japanese lessons I took since Year 3. Good times those were. A break from boring ol' Engin stuff..

On another note, I can't wait to start work tml at IRAS! I've been told it's a boring, mundane job but this is my highest earning job so far! About 1.1 K a month? But I'm hoping to get a perm job soon so that I can repay my parents the debts sia... Feeling that my life's going to take a big change when I start working from 8.30 - 6 on weekdays.. No more slacking and waking up at 11 plus every morning!

That reminds me, I gotta sleep early tonight, cos gotta start waking up at 7 every weekday now..

More updates to come about my job soon!

No comments: