Sunday, September 10, 2006

Fruitful day at YCK and super nice ice cream!

Typical saturday for me. Went down to YCK Gardens MINDS school for session. Great to see the volunteers and kids. Sometimes I call them kids, sometimes I call them trainees, depending on situation bah... Anyway, i'm teaching my kid how to count money these past few weeks. Thanks to Huixian for teaching me how to teach my kid how to count money! Not that easy leh.. My kid managed to understand some points that I was trying to teach him and I was VERY happy!

And we celebrated Glady's and Shui shan's bdae! Kids really love birthdays! All the kids milling around the cake, waiting to blow out the candles..


Shui shan's bdae cake...


and Glady's bdae cake!


Gladys cutting cake with her volunteers

Hehe.. Session ended about 5 and we all went to one of our regular haunts, Bishan Kim San Leng coffeshop, to eat dinner. It was quite unbelievable today as we had 6 cars to drive almost everybody from YCK to Bishan! Usually about 2-3 cars, then the others gotta take public transport already... Really save a lot of time for travelling for dinner sia.. Thanks guys!

After that we went to Haagen Dazs for dessert! Wah.. 2 sinful obsessions in 2 days.. Woot!


This had Mango Sorbet, Macadamia Nut and Summer Berries and Cream with strawberry sauce and rainbow sprinkles!

This had Belgian Chocolate with Midnight Cookies and Cream and Chocolate Chocolate Chip (Yes no mistakes about the name!) We also ordered strawberries(quite a lot!) and mandarin oranges for toppings as well. The little container on the right was the strawberry sauce.

Kinda nice to hang out with volunteer friends every saturday and chatting all the way thru the night. Can't wait for next session! :)

No comments: