Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Eating lunch alone~

Something I'm facing almost every working day. when my colleagues are of a different age group from me. when my friends in other companies are eating with their colleagues. when i'm lonely...

Hopped down to Amoy alone to have lunch today with my trusty brolly. Can't take chances with the weather these days. Turned out that I was the only idiot with an umbrella with me. At least can use that to chope seat!

Decided that next time I'll wait for ppl to ask me to lunch rather than I ask cos usually my friends are eating with their colleagues and I'll sound too desperate if I ask them too often (that's one of my major bad points, thanks to some ppl who pointed that out to me the hard way.. no names allowed :P)

Now I'm afraid I might have the same fate as one of my sis's colleagues who they usually never ask out to lunch and leaves her on her own. *Gasp*

The agony continues~

On another note, my American colleague arrived at office after lunch. He was friendly, in fact the only guy who started talking to me since my first day. Usually I try to make small talk with other colleagues at the pantry or the lift lobby... Reminds me of a taboo my friend once told me. Never make small talk in the toilet! Just smile and move on silently... Lol!

Looking forward to tml! When I can get to leave office a little earlier to go down to Tampines to hand in some form I need for my job... =)

No comments: